Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Deepavali treats...

This time, i'm not going to talk non-sense all the way down but if i ever did, please forgive me..cause i'm trying my best to talk lesser craps this time..i will try to bring the main points forward as straight as possible..no talking round the merry bush..haha..
Today, i went to my indian friend's house as he held an open house and invited most of his friends including me over to enjoy the food served..i'm so glad that i am invited and i must admit that this is the first time i'm stepping my feet into an indian house..and my friend is having a Deepavali open house..this made me feel even more anxious and at the same time curious...before this, i have not visited any of my indian friends' house not even during Deepavali open house..so when i received the invitation, i am quite shocked and surprised as well...i just met my friend a few months ago and got to know him better only during this semester..how could he invite me over but not my other indian friends who i knew even longer during my secondary years?...anyway, i went over today and found out what remained as mystery to me all this while...
As this is the first time i'm entering an indian house, i don't know much about their dos and donts(pantang larang), so i remained silent and kept myself from doing "extraordinary" things...although i still don't know what exactly are their dos and donts, they are actually quite similar to other's culture except for a few things maybe..have to find out more if i ever have the chance to do so next time..lol..i ate some tidbits which of course included muruku before having my main course..there were dry chicken curry, mutton and chicken curry, salad and mix vegetable..after finishing my meal, i walked around and discovered some slight differences and similarities between a chinese and indian home..i'm not going to explain here to make this post short and readable..by the end of the day, i really have to thank my friend for the invitation and his family for giving me such a memorable treat..
Thanks again and Happy Deepavali!!..:D

No comments: