Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 9 of CNY...

It was 11.30 p.m. and a few of my neighbours were all set to pray to the Jade Emperor (拜天公)...i will consider myself lucky enough that time since my bro allowed me to drive his car around to see what was going on in every house...of course with his guidance..haha...even though it was just a short distance, i still appreciate it...there were many cars parking along each road and i have a hard time driving through them...i even nearly bang a BMW...lol...after one round, my bro took over the driver seat and he got scared from my driving skill...haha...i hope i still have the chance to drive though...
When it was midnight, fireworks were fired everywhere...those thunderous noise gave me the CNY feel and this was what we called CNY...without them, the feel was totally lost...it seemed that more and more people were getting along with the trend to 拜天公...this occasion supposed to be celebrated by the Hokkiens but many people were celebrating it now not just the Hokkiens...anyway, i am not that superstitious kind of guy so i got no comment about it...all i know is that many offerings have to offer if we are to pray to this occasion...
It's already day 9 of CNY, so be quick if you want to grab more ang pows this year...6 days left lo...

No comments: